Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Ventu

The wind in Nantuckett is ever present; it is only natural to include it as a "character" in any painting of the famous getaway. Although this is a portrait of sorts, of my neice Charlotte near Tom's River Beach, it could be your Daughter or another loved one, a bit of an everygirl. A bit familiar without being too general - kinda like you might know her. This painting reminds me of a Sari Staggs painting my parents purchased many years ago that they swear I sat for; it was not a portrait of me but you would swear it was. It is a bit more structured than my newer painting but it says exactly what I wanted to say about the setting and subjects. I have a feeling this tableau will be attempted again and again. Ventu - oil on canvas 36" x 48" framed $2600 (GIFTED) .

No comments: